Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Midland Show 2017 at Knowle

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Ian Instone, 27 April 2017, 18:34. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 8:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 24 April 2017, 21:35top / bottom of page

Contrary to the weather forecast, which would have had us expect a band of heavy cloud and showers moving south, it was a beautiful morning as we set off for the show, and we drove up the M40 between banks of cowslips in early morning sunshine.  My wife Helen was going on from the show to spend the day with her mum in Nottingham, so she wanted to tip me out early.  I had no problem with that - well before judging started I had toured the plant sales, spent far too much money and returned into the show hall to start identifying what I needed to photograph as soon as possible.

In the entrance hall to the school, Jean Morris was setting up a display of embroidery.  Following this year's change in the rules, this wasn't judged, but was given a Gold Award in line with what it has received at earlier shows.

Whilst judging was in progress, I took pictures of the show benches, to give an impression of the show.  Not quite as many pots as I have seen here, but the quality was excellent.  In between the plants you will note the usual suspects, about their business stewarding or judging.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 8:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   next

This discussion Thread: Midland Show 2017 at Knowle - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion