Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Malvern Show 10th May 2014

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Helen Johnstone, 14 May 2014, 14:21. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 9:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 13 May 2014, 20:06top / bottom of page
School Troughs Competition

I think, for me, the highlight of the AGS display and show at Malvern was a table containing exhibits by local schools.  These had been contacted by the show secretary with instructions and raw materials for making fish box troughs.  The schools had each produced a planted trough with a prize going to the winner, and many had taken this further by doing projects about alpine plants, and producing a display with posters and booklets about the plants (there was another prize for the best overall display). 

It was wonderful to see the results of all this work, and I wish I had been at the show on Friday, when several school groups came in to see the results of their handiwork.  A number of the children involved visited the show on Saturday or Sunday with their parents, and it was great to see the interest they had in all the plants and exhibits.  Congratulations to the new show secretary Ross Barbour for organising this initiative.

Dunnington C of E Primary

Gingham Seedlings Pre-School

Northleigh Primary

The Grove Primary School Gardening Club

Callow End Primary School

Eastnor Primary

Studley C of E Primary / Junior

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 9:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   next

This discussion Thread: Malvern Show 10th May 2014 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion