Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: LOUGHBOROUGH SHOW

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: David Hoare

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 27 April 2009, 20:20. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 3:    (1)   2   3   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from David Hoare 08 March 2009, 11:37top / bottom of page

Congratulation's to all the team at the show on Saturday. What a wonderfull show, lots of good plants to see & buy and lots of people came to see.

Contribution from David Hoare 08 March 2009, 11:48top / bottom of page

Farrer Medal Plant Dionysia Curviflora grown by Nigel Fuller. The day that Saxifage made a comeback. David Hoare

I hope you enjoyed my few pictures.It was a very good day Best Wishes David Hoare

Contribution from Diane Clement 08 March 2009, 19:23top / bottom of page

Thanks to Doreen and Eric Webster and all their helpers for organising what must have been one of the best shows ever. A few photos from me, sorry there were not more as I spent too much time catching up with everyone. Epigaea gaultherioides shown by Harry Roberts

Crocus dalmaticus shown by Robert Rolfe

Narcissus cyclamineus part of a 3 pan shown by John Gennard

part of same 3 pan, Hepatica japonica - I am reliably informed by Kimihiko, my Japanese friend, that the cultivar name should be spelled "Yumeji"

And 2 mini gardens, the first - an amazing tufa rock by David Philbey

and second, a delightful mini garden from Mandy McLoughlin

sorry I've no more, try to do better next time

Contribution from Colin Dolding 10 March 2009, 00:23top / bottom of page

Just adding my thanks and congratulations to Doreen, Eric and the large team of helpers in making this such a great show. The quantity and quality of the plants was amazing. Saxifragas were something special and that wonderful pan of Colchicum szovitsii from Diane Clement (photo already posted by David on first contribution) well deserving of its' award. Well done everyone.

Contribution from Mel Linney 10 March 2009, 20:16top / bottom of page
Plants from the 'B &C Section.

May I echo the plaudits of previous correspondents and add that in the short time that I have been exhibiting Alpines I have not seen a more diverse collection of top quality plants.A credit to everyone involved which, of course includes the exhibitors.What follows is a few images of plants in the 'Novice and intermediate' section.

Plants from the 'B &C Section.

The Saxifrage above and the following three pan were entered by Tony Hale who lifted the Beacon Trophy for most points in Section C.

Here's a lovely pot of Narcissus 'Topolino' from Chloe Eyre who, at eleven years old must be our youngest exhibitor. Good luck Chloe your on your way to becoming a 'Rockaholic'. P.S. Wouldn't it be a good idea to introduce Rock Gardening into schools, after all this is where the future of our society lies.

Contribution from Mel Linney 10 March 2009, 20:43top / bottom of page

A very nice Dionysia from the B Section. Again from a young exhibitor, this time Robert Amos. We must encourage and nurture these growers and all younger members for the future well being of the society.

Jovibaba from Paul Street.

Cyclamen coum, entered by Robin Pickering.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 3:    (1)   2   3   next

This discussion Thread: LOUGHBOROUGH SHOW - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion