Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: KENT SHOW 2010

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: David Hoare

Go to latest contribution by Margaret Young, 23 March 2010, 20:45. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 4:    (1)   2   3   4   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from David Hoare 21 March 2010, 10:18top / bottom of page

Like East Lancs show we too had one of our best shows

with 574 plants, 120 pictures from 67 exhibitors.

and many visitors to view on damp day.

Many thanks to all who made the day a success.

congratulations to Nigel Fuller on his Farrer Medal plant of DIONYSIA curviflora.

View of the hall and Class 1 6pan

More pictures later, must go and put my plants away

Best Wishes David.

Contribution from David Hoare 21 March 2010, 18:07top / bottom of page

A few more images from yesterday

What good news to see a good C Section

Three large Sax's from Cyril Dart (Taunton)a fine pot of S. Sherlock Holmes one of the best yellow's

A miniature gardenfrom David Philbey

Our Show Photographer was Jon Evans and I'm sure he will be showing some more of the plants

Best Wishes David

Contribution from David Hoare 21 March 2010, 20:22top / bottom of page

Just a few more that took my eye.

1 Primula Allionii Anna Griffith

2 Dionysia Bernd Wetzel

3 Sax Allendale Accliam

4 Sax Dorroington Rose

5 Dionysia Hyb from Nigel Fuller

Contribution from Jon Evans 22 March 2010, 11:51top / bottom of page
Show Photographs

Sorry it has taken a while to work my way through the reams of images from the show. As usual I have sent the main images of the award-winning plants to Jim McGregor for the Show Gallery. I hope he will post these soon, but it may have to wait for the show results to find their way back to him. David has already posted some excellent pictures of some of them.

OK, here goes. I'm afraid with so many lovely plants this is going to be long, and slow to load. I wish we had paged topics, and thumbnails the way the SGRC formum does, so you could click on the plants you most want to see to get the full size picture.

Saxifraga Tenerife

David showed us a view of his winning six-pan in class one, but didn't focus on this huge backbreaking vegetable sheep, which was awarded a deserved Certificate of Merit, and ran Nigel's Dionysia so close for the Farrer Medal. Fortunately for me, I was able to persuade David to carry this wonderful plant over to the photography table himself, as no-one else really wanted to lift it. There's a show secretary whose work is never done.

Saxifraga Tenerife

Since seeing my photographs at Loughborough, this plant has been fitted with vertical sides to prevent ascent by small children.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 4:    (1)   2   3   4   next

This discussion Thread: KENT SHOW 2010 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion