Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Hexham SRGC / AGS show 29th March 2014

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Margaret Young

Go to latest contribution by Ian Instone, 30 March 2014, 21:32. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Margaret Young 30 March 2014, 17:53top / bottom of page
Another successful day for NE England group hosts

A wonderful show at Hexham was enjoyed by exhibitors and visitors alike with the Forrest Medal for the most meritorious plant in the show going to Trillium rivale 'Purple Heart' from Cyril Lafong. See Sandy Leven's forrest Medal report here : http://files.srgc.net/Showreports/3HEXHAMForrest.pdf  and see photos here http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=11602.0  for a first  flavour of the show  and to see  why it is so convenient to have this show next door to a supermarket - so handy to borrow the trollies to transport fat plants!

I'm told that the show was  "really good with lots of good plants from Cyril Lafong, Stan da Prato and Sam Sutherland.. Stan won the big 6 pan and an AGS medal and Cyril the big 3 pan!
Some exhibitors from south of the border did well as well, especially Don Peace."
What a great day enjoyed by all.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 30 March 2014, 18:17top / bottom of page

A few pictures from yesterday, time was short due to some vital shopping....my wife's Birthday card!!!!!

Pulatilla vernalis, part of Cyril Lafong's large 3 pan entry

Orchis italica shown by Darren Sleep

Primula elatior ssp pseudoelatior, a right mouthful!

Pulsatilla grandis Budapest Seedling, Cyril again

Fritillaria aurea x pinardii from Don Peace

Trillium chloropetalum Val Mulvihill shown by Fred & Pat Bundy. My must take home planty of the day

and finally Cyril's Forrest Medal plant of Trillium rivale Purple Heart

Contribution from Ian Instone 30 March 2014, 21:32top / bottom of page

Below are a few pictures I took at the Hexham show.

This discussion Thread: Hexham SRGC / AGS show 29th March 2014 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion