Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: First Show of the Year - Caerleon

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Margaret Young

Go to latest contribution by Margaret Young, 27 February 2014, 11:58. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 6:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Margaret Young 16 February 2014, 00:26top / bottom of page

Congratulations to Rannveig and Bob Wallis for their Farrer medal win at Caerleon - for Iris hyrcana.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 16 February 2014, 09:12top / bottom of page

Has anyone taken any pictures at Carleon for us to see? - it's just a little too far away to get to easily.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 16 February 2014, 11:02top / bottom of page

Yes Tim, I took a few (not very good I have to say, especially as the Farrer plant was half in sun, half in shade at the time) and I've downloaded and resized them ready to post but I've been told I have to go shopping! Look back later.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 16 February 2014, 17:44top / bottom of page

Thanks Martin - I've visited once or twice in the past and taken plants to sell, and really enjoyed this very early show (and the drive across the Bristol Channel!). Hopefully might come again.

Contribution from Helen Johnstone 16 February 2014, 19:59top / bottom of page

Jim posted a photo of the Wallis' Farrer medal winning irises yesterday in twitter. You can find it via the AGS twitter account

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 16 February 2014, 20:12top / bottom of page

There are now some pictures in the show results section of the website but here are my amateur efforts just the same starting with Colchicum szovitsii (not quite out, bet it's magnificent now), Corydalis popovii, Corydalis seisumsiana, Crocus Midas Touch, Crocus sieberi and Cyclamen alpinum (what a potful!)

Next up are Daubenya aurea (x2), Dionysia Zdenek Zvolanek, Frotillaria striata (x2) an d Galnthus Diggory

Next are Galanthus plicatus Sophie North, Gymnospermum albertii, Iris hyrcana (the Farrer plant), iris Lady Beatrix Stanley, Iris rosenbachiana Deep Purple and Iris Sheila Ann Germany

As you'll have noticed it was a big Iris day! Finally, Iris Sindpur, Iris winogradowii and primula allionii Elizabeth Burrow (the pick of several of this clone on the benches)

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 6:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   next

This discussion Thread: First Show of the Year - Caerleon - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion