Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: East Cheshire Show, B&C Sections.

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Mel Linney

Go to latest contribution by Mel Linney, 12 May 2008, 20:49. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Mel Linney 08 May 2008, 20:33top / bottom of page
Primula auricula 'Dales Red'

A nice red auricula from Elizabeth Maddock.

Primula x pubescens 'Dales Red'
Cyclamen repandum.

This entry from Robin Pickering.

Cyclamen repandum.
Pleione hybrid.

This pan was exhibited by Georgina Instone [I wish I could grow them].

Pleione hybrid.
Dodecatheon alpinum

A wonderful plant shown by Brian Marshal from seed sown 01/01/2003.

Dodecatheon alpinum

Contribution from Mel Linney 08 May 2008, 20:56top / bottom of page
Primula veris.

Just to prove that a Cowslip can hold its own in the show arena. This plant was judged best in C and also helped Colin Dolding win the Trophy for most points in that section. Well done Colin. Also congratulations becoming our new Director for the seed exchange.

Primula veris.
Primula petiolaris'Redpoll'

Last but not least this one from Susan Sutcliffe.

Primula petiolaris'Redpoll'

Contribution from Mel Linney 08 May 2008, 21:12top / bottom of page
And finally.

Congratulations to robin Pickering who received the Cheshire Salver for most points in B.Also congratulations to Colin Dolding for winning The Bernard Green Bowl for most points in C and the Cheshire Spoon for the Best Plant in that section. A hearty thanks must also go to Elizabeth Maddock and her team for organising the show and at a new venue, which isn't always easy. Never the less everyone got there, it must be the Alpine Bloodhound gene that sniffs out new venues.

Contribution from Elizabeth Maddock 10 May 2008, 00:09top / bottom of page
I wish I could grow Pleiones

Mel, I grow a few Pleiones and have found what works for me. I seem to remember being told they grow up mountains and along stream edges, so like it really wet in the growing season. I keep mine in the shade and constantly wet from April till first frost, I also feed them when I water them. Once they have gone dormant and lost their leaves I repot them in a mixture of John Innes No 2, leafmould and moss and keep them dry. Once they start to shoot (February or March) start watering.

Contribution from Mel Linney 12 May 2008, 20:49top / bottom of page

Thanks for that Elizabeth I'll be a plant or two and see how I go. An exhibit or two for the show bench in the next year or two hopefuuly.

P.S. Please excuse the poor grammar, senelity kicking in I think.

This discussion Thread: East Cheshire Show, B&C Sections. - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion