Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: East Anglia Show May 6th 2017

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Ian Instone, 11 May 2017, 21:03. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 7:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   7   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 10 May 2017, 16:57top / bottom of page

I have been struggling to get my pictures cleaned up and posted this week, and it looks like I won't get a chance to spend much time before the weekend at least, so I am going to post the pictures without my usual report.  We had a lovely weekend in Norfolk.  On Friday we visited the excellent nursery at West Acre gardens; Saturday was spent at the show, and on Sunday we took a long walk on the beach at Holkham followed by a quick stop at New Buckenham Common to see the Green veined orchids (Anacamptis morio) and the lovely Meadow saxifrage (Saxifraga granulata) before the long drive home. 

Allium crispum

Exhibited by Cecilia Coller.  It was good to see her at a show again, though that was because this is her local show - she can no longer manage the long journeys all over the country.

Allium crispum
Allium macropetalum

Exhibited by Neil Hubbard

Allium macropetalum
Allium mirum x haemanthoides JJA 132.551

Exhibited by Robert Rolfe

Allium mirum x haemanthoides JJA 132.551
Allium shelkovnikovii Sarejn

Exhibited by Robert Rolfe

Allium shelkovnikovii Sarejn
Anacamptis laxiflora

Anacamptis laxiflora
Arisaema thunbergii subsp urashima

Here are three different plants, showing the variation in this as an exhibit.  The first from Edward Spencer, second from Ian Sharpe and the third from John and Clare Dower.

Arisaema thunbergii subsp urashima
Calochortus amabile

Calochortus amabile

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 7:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   7   next

This discussion Thread: East Anglia Show May 6th 2017 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion