Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Digital Photography Library

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Lee and Julie Martin, 20 November 2014, 12:04. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Jon Evans 02 February 2013, 18:21top / bottom of page

For those users who arrive directly in this forum area I would like to point out that the AGS Digital Photo Library which I maintain has now been made available on the website. It does not appear on the menu bar yet, but is accessible from the home page. This library tool provides the ability to search through over 7000 images, primarily taken at shows in the last six years.

Users who are registered and have logged in will be able to see larger versions of the images, and can search on more different fields, for example to see all the Farrer medal winning plants over this period. Other users can search to see what is available, but can only access small versions of the images.

There are some wonderful images there, including many which have never appeared on this website before; for example, there are over 300 images of Fritillarias.

At some point in the next month or so, the online library should be updated to include the images from shows in the second half of 2012.

I hope you all enjoy this new facility.

I would like to thank Jim McGregor for all his hard work in making this library available on the website.

Contribution from Jon Evans 18 November 2014, 15:09top / bottom of page

The digital library has just been updated to include over 2000 images from this year's shows.  You can access this from the Images section on the top menu bar.  If you log in you can search the library by:

- plant name

- year

- show

- exhibitor

- awards

If you click on the images in your search results you can view them at a bigger size.

Contribution from Lee and Julie Martin 20 November 2014, 12:04top / bottom of page

WOW - Thanks Jon, what a lot of hard work, much appreciated we're sure by everyone. Superb photos from you as usual.

This discussion Thread: Digital Photography Library - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion