Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Cleveland AGS Show Saturday 4th April 2015

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Cliff Booker

Go to latest contribution by Della Kerr, 09 April 2015, 08:08. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 2:    (1)   2   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 04 April 2015, 18:30top / bottom of page

Just back from another excellent AGS Spring Show, this time held at Stockton-on-Tees.  Hearty congratulations to the Show Secretaries; Norma Pagdin and Barry Winter and their hardworking team, who welcomed a host of exhibitors and a magnificent array of beautiful plants.  The vote for the Farrer Medal winning exhibit must have been very interesting as there were contenders spaced around the hall.  The eventual winner of the 'Best in Show' and the 'Farrer Medal' was an exquisite example of the rare and difficult Dionysia michauxii exhibited by Derek Pickard, a local and very prolific grower of these enchanting cushion forming gems.

Derek Pickard and his Farrer Medal winning exhibit.
Dionysia michauxii
The Farrer Medal plant was exhibited in Class 10, where the opposition consisted of these two magnificent entries, each of which may potentially have been considered for the Farrer on another day.

Contribution from Della Kerr 05 April 2015, 08:00top / bottom of page

There was a Primula left on the show-bench, which I am looking after, and shall bring to Chesterfield. If it is yours, please let me know!

Contribution from john dower 07 April 2015, 08:42top / bottom of page

I overheard someone say it belonged to Robert Rolfe!

Contribution from Della Kerr 07 April 2015, 17:49top / bottom of page

Thanks, John. We thought that the label looked like Lionel Clarkson's. If anyone reading this has an e-mail address for either of them, could you please try to contact them?

Contribution from Jon Evans 07 April 2015, 18:01top / bottom of page

Robert Rolfe's labels are easily recognised - hand-written in capitals in fountain pen - see the photo of Sax. x. dinninaris Ray Woodcliffe on the SRGC website Cleveland Show thread.  I can't at the moment find a photo of one of Lionel's plants this year with label for comparison.  Robert's email is not working properly at the moment, so he may be hard to contact before Chesterfield.

Contribution from Ian Instone 07 April 2015, 21:23top / bottom of page

Below are a few photos I took at the Cleveland show. Thank you to Norma, Joan, Barry and everyone else who helped to put on the Cleveland show. 

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 2:    (1)   2   next

This discussion Thread: Cleveland AGS Show Saturday 4th April 2015 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion