Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Blackpool AGS Show 13th March 2010

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: CLIFF BOOKER

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 15 March 2010, 11:02. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 3 of 3:    1   2   (3)   previous

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 15 March 2010, 08:28top / bottom of page
Anisitome imbricata var. imbricata

Asplenium

Anisitome imbricata var. imbricata

Bolax gummifera

Crocus close-up

Cyclamen persicum

Cyclamen rohlfsianum

Eranthis Guinea Gold

Hepatica close-up

Leucojum vernum

Meconopsis paniculata 'Ghunsa group'

Primula Tantallon

Romulea atranda

Romulea atranda 2

Saxifraga M.Kammerlander form

Sunlit show bench featuring Darren Sleep's lovely Ranunculus asiaticus colour forms.

Superb pan of Iris

Ypsilandra thibetica

Frank Dobson and Brian Russ

Paul Street and Brian Russ

Ivor Betteridge and Brian Russ

Congratulations to Syd Cumbus on a well-deserved Gold Medal for his superb display of images from the Dolomites.

Contribution from Jon Evans 15 March 2010, 11:02top / bottom of page

Many thanks to Cliff and Diane for these lovely images of the Blackpool Show; isn't it great that you can now get a flavour of the shows that are too far to travel to. I was also particularly glad to see that Spring is finally arriving. The normal succession of plants is starting, and the snowdrops are going over.

On that note, is Mike and Christine's Farrer-winning Cyclamen coum the same one I photographed at South Wales a month ago (and at Harlow and Loughborough) ? It is amazing how it has held its condition.

Watching these pictures being posted yesterday evening, I couldn't help wondering what Syd Cumbus' Gold Medal-winning photography exhibit was like; I'm sure Cliff didn't know how he was teasing me by saving it till last, but I'm very glad he has posted a picture now. What a wonderful display !

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 3 of 3:    1   2   (3)   previous

This discussion Thread: Blackpool AGS Show 13th March 2010 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion