Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Bakewell Show 4th June 2017

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Ian Instone, 07 June 2017, 20:40. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 6:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 06 June 2017, 21:40top / bottom of page

People were surprised to see me when I appeared at Bakewell shortly before 8am on Sunday.  The thing they didn't know was that my wife and I had decided to take the opportunity to spend the weekend with my mother-in-law in Nottingham, and they were happy for me to leave them together for the day on Sunday.  So instead of a gruelling 3-4 hour journey, I had left at a relatively civilised time, and had a pleasant trip across the hills on a delightful summer morning.

Having arrived unusually early, I was able to stage a few plants, wander round the sales tables, and return to the show area to take a few pictures of the show benches whilst judging was in progress.  As you can see, the judges and stewards were working fast.  There was one strange and unusual hazard on this occasion.  Lawrence Peet, who was stewarding, was wearing a beautiful, but rather eye-catching polo shirt, and kept on appearing in the background of these shots.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 6:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   next

This discussion Thread: Bakewell Show 4th June 2017 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion