Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: AGS Kent Autumn Show 21st October 2017

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 29 October 2017, 10:03. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 2 of 5:    1   (2)   3   4   5   previous   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 26 October 2017, 16:01top / bottom of page
Crocus nerimaniae

In the New or Rare classes, Bob and Rannveig Wallis exhibited C. nerimaniae.

Crocus nerimaniae
Oxalis massoniana

Also likely to close if the weather deteriorated were the oxalis.  This one was from Lee and Julie Martin.

Oxalis massoniana
Oxalis perdicaria Citrino

From Bob and Rannveig Wallis

Oxalis perdicaria Citrino
Pleione x Confirmation

Ian Robertson received a Certificate of Merit for this pan of an autumn-flowering pleione hybrid.

Pleione x Confirmation
Sempervivum Mulberry Wine

By now I had photographed all the plants I thought needed to be captured immediately, and started working along the benches more methodically.  Lance Carless won the Donald Lowndes Memorial Bowl for the best plant in the novice section with this sempervivum.

Sempervivum Mulberry Wine
Ozothamnus coralloides

The aggregate for the novice section, the Sussex Trophy, went to Philip Walker, who showed this Ozothamnus.

Ozothamnus coralloides
Nerine Stephanie

In the intermediate section Paddy Parmee showed some nice bulbs, including this nerine.

Nerine Stephanie
Sternbergia clusiana

Also from Paddy Parmee.  Not perhaps in perfect condition, and only one flower, but seldom seen on the show bench, and the first time I had ever photographed it in flower.

Sternbergia clusiana
Galanthus elwesii Hiemalis Group Donald Sims

Carolyn Millen staged a much admired pan of a very early flowering form of G. elwesii.

Galanthus elwesii Hiemalis Group Donald Sims
Humata tyermanii

Still in the intermediate section, Cliff Walker brought this fern, which I can only think off as 'the tarantula plant'.  Arachnophobes beware !

Humata tyermanii

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 2 of 5:    1   (2)   3   4   5   previous   next

This discussion Thread: AGS Kent Autumn Show 21st October 2017 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion