Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Wisley's Alpine Diary Discussion

Go and read the Wisley Diary.

Wisley's Alpine Diary Discussion: 18 March 2010

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Log 69: World of Alpines

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 19 March 2010, 17:08. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Jon Evans 19 March 2010, 17:08top / bottom of page

Log 69

I would like to thank Paul for his coverage of our World of Alpines event. This is a display we have organised for the last three years, to give visitors to Wisley an introduction to alpines, showing how they grow in the wild, and giving plenty of information about how they can be grown in the garden. This year our plants were a bit thinner than normal, with the late season, but there was still plenty to interest the steady stream of visitors.

As always, many of the visitors who were most interested came from outside our local area, but we hope that we may have sown a seed which will lead to them joining the national society, and local groups elsewhere in the country.

I'm only sorry that I was busy all day, and didn't get a chance to visit the Alpine House which is undeniably looking wonderful in Paul's pictures.

Thanks again Paul. I hope you enjoyed the display.

This discussion Thread: 18 March 2010 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Wisley's Alpine Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion