Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Northumberland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Northumberland Diary.

Northumberland Diary Discussion: 11 October 2015

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/Northumberland/

Northumberland Diary. Entry 305.

Go to latest contribution by Val Lee, 18 October 2015, 07:35. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Good 15 October 2015, 07:17top / bottom of page

Super posting, I particularly liked the rudely healthy and extravagantly fruited Sorbus reducta. The flower of Gentiana acaulis 'Coelistina' is much darker blue than mine. My Autumn gentians, like yours, are very late and poorly flowered this year, and I have lots of non-flowerjng pots of crocus too, which is interesting given our very different climates, but perhaps this summer was more similar than usual in Northumberland and N. Wales.

Contribution from Val Lee 18 October 2015, 07:35top / bottom of page

So pleased to read the second part of your entry and learn the op was successful to date.  Autumn in the SW is late and very dry, we are still harvesting apples, pears and tomatoes by the bucketful and watering the pots and garden.  No autumn colour so far but lots of Crocus and Colchicum, however the autumn gentians are not flowering well this year.  All the best for a speedy return to health and more from your garden.

This discussion Thread: 11 October 2015 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Northumberland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion