Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Northumberland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Northumberland Diary.

Northumberland Diary Discussion: 09 May 2017

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/Northumberland/

Northumberland Diary. Entry 338.

Go to latest contribution by John Good, 10 May 2017, 20:48. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Good 09 May 2017, 21:08top / bottom of page

It makes me tired just looking at the photos of your pond refurbishment, especially when you tell us about the nature of the clay subsoil. We have the same sort of thing here, laced with glacial stones and boulders of all sizes. I call it 'two-pick-axe clay' because it requires a second pick-axe to recover the first which has otherwise become irretrievably 'lost' when trying to excavate a planting hole .......

Contribution from John Richards 10 May 2017, 15:23top / bottom of page

Thank you John. As always you are too kind. Yes, these days I am very careful with my back and various other surviving items of biomechanics. On this occasion I seem to have escaped scot-free, more by good luck than good management I suspect. Its still ever so dry here, but rain is forecast on Friday, in the nick I think as I have just pricked out loads of mecs!

Contribution from John Good 10 May 2017, 20:48top / bottom of page

Snap, my back and legs (associated pain) have been playing me up recently making me feel my 75 years! It has been dry here too, but not as dry as you I think. We are off to the Picos for a week on Tuesday so expecting to see some nice plants.

This discussion Thread: 09 May 2017 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Northumberland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion