Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Northumberland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Northumberland Diary.

Northumberland Diary Discussion: 24 May 2016

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/Northumberland/

Northumberland Diary. Entry 317.

Go to latest contribution by Martin Rogerson, 02 June 2016, 08:00. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 25 May 2016, 10:08top / bottom of page

Dear John I was very sorry to hear you have been having trouble with your eyes, and very much hope that things will be restored to fully working order before long. Your Rh. pseudochrysanthum is magnificent, and a reminder of how good some of these plants can be in a larger garden. I'm sure the Rhododendron smirnovii and Lewisia tweedyi would have performed well had you been able to attend Wymondham. Best wishes Jon

Contribution from David Nicholson 25 May 2016, 19:54top / bottom of page

... and my best wishes too John.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 26 May 2016, 06:48top / bottom of page

John, I think I started writing my diary here because of a low point rather than a high one, which is why I value what everyone else writes too and enjoy seeing so much what others do in their gardens. Good wishes from me too - a good friend locally has had a similar experience. One subject we have never had a talk on here is rhododendrons, but the smaller species appeal to me more and more - and I don't really know anything about them! so I'm especially intrigued by this latest entry. And the Lewisia is pretty stunning, nothing quite like that at Wymondham even though the Show was superb.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 26 May 2016, 08:58top / bottom of page

(Mind you, I think I should show this little group of Lewisia brachcalyx from Martin Rogerson... it was an enjoyable Show, but as Tony Goode pointed out there were just not enough visitors who came to see it! Hope the Chelsea display really captures the attention of the wider gardening world).

Contribution from John Good 01 June 2016, 08:19top / bottom of page

Hi John,

So glad to see you 'back in the saddle' and hoping that your sight will continue to improve.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 02 June 2016, 08:00top / bottom of page

Hi John, hope the recovery is still going well. That L tweedyi would have walked away with the species Lewisia class at Wymondham, absolute cracker

This discussion Thread: 24 May 2016 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Northumberland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion