Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Northumberland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Northumberland Diary.

Northumberland Diary Discussion: 27 March 2016

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/Northumberland/

Northumberland Diary. Entry 313.

Go to latest contribution by John Richards, 01 April 2016, 11:56. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Good 28 March 2016, 21:03top / bottom of page

Well John, I have been so happy to receive so many good plants from the years from you that I am happy that I was able to restore 'David Valentine' to your care, and to see that it is thriving!

Contribution from David Nicholson 29 March 2016, 08:42top / bottom of page

John, I too have only one plant of Corydalis malkensis in spite of the many statements I've read that "it seeds all over the place". Having said that I have also only one plant of Erythronium tolumnensis, so you must be doing something right!

Contribution from Margaret Young 30 March 2016, 20:49top / bottom of page

At the time of  raising  Corydalis 'Craigton Red' we weren't growing any C. cava, John.

Contribution from John Richards 01 April 2016, 11:56top / bottom of page
Craigton Red

I have now looked at the tubers of 'Craigton Red' and they look like typical C. solida to me (i.e. 'solid'!, hence, presumably, the name). This bears Maggi out. However, while shifting one of my own presumed hybrids to a new bed (not to be recommended really, I have mangled two now) one did seem to have a tuber shape intermediate between C. solida and C. cava.

This discussion Thread: 27 March 2016 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Northumberland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion