Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Northumberland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Northumberland Diary.

Northumberland Diary Discussion: 03 December 2014

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/Northumberland/

Northumberland Diary. Entry 287.

Go to latest contribution by Val Lee, 06 December 2014, 09:08. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Good 03 December 2014, 22:44top / bottom of page
Autumn colours

Hello John, I have just looked at (and loved) your 'Autumn Colours' web site, which contains many species that I have never seen, and quite a few that I have never heard of! My only slight grouse is that one does not seem to be able to move from one alphabetical section to another without going back to the cover page, might it be possible to add a button to move directly to the next section?

Contribution from Tim Ingram 04 December 2014, 18:07top / bottom of page

Some wonderful and interesting plants there - and super photos - gives November a good name! Now I wish I had a few acres to play with. Mike Darvill, up on the North Downs with heavy acid clay has a great collection of autumn colouring trees and shrubs. So interesting how different species of the same genus can vary hugely - so Betula ermanii with us and other gardens I've seen it in is brilliant yellow-gold, but B. utilis var. jacquemontii (at least the one in our garden) turns an unprepossessing brown.

Contribution from Val Lee 06 December 2014, 09:08top / bottom of page

Good to read your December Diary John, thought you were perhaps away in warmer climates.  Thanks for the Autumn Colour Pages, it's a great site, just the thing to browse on a dull winter day., deserves more publicity! 

This discussion Thread: 03 December 2014 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Northumberland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion