Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Northumberland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Northumberland Diary.

Northumberland Diary Discussion: 26 August 2010

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Elizabeth Maddock

Northumberland Diary 158

Go to latest contribution by Elizabeth Maddock, 30 August 2010, 23:18. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Elizabeth Maddock 30 August 2010, 23:18top / bottom of page
Gardening problems

Hi John, my sympathies for your troubles with trees. I have a garden surrounded by other peoples' trees and they can overshadow it so much and overwhelm areas. The good thing is there are plenty of leaves for making leaf mould and I have to adapt parts of my garden to woodland areas because that is what they are.

Areas of a well established garden do need overhauling from time to time, you get weed build up and need to start afresh. That can be a good thing apart from the work which gets harder the older you get. The pleasure is from seeing the new part develope.

I, and many others I'm sure, have lost bulbs in pots due to the past winter. It was a hard one for sure, unlike you I have not examined my yet but judging from the performance earlier in the year, I think I will have similar problems. It can mean a new start with new species, which can be a very rewarding experience. You always have to move on with gardening, so the best thing is always to be positive with the next task.

This discussion Thread: 26 August 2010 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Northumberland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion