Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Northumberland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Northumberland Diary.

Northumberland Diary Discussion: 15 August 2016

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/Northumberland/

Northumberland Diary. Entry 322.

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 19 August 2016, 22:02. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 18 August 2016, 18:14top / bottom of page

Do like that little Stachys John, a genus that generally suits our much drier southern garden. My Intermission is in part an attempt to catch up with the weeds which seems to shrug off our drought here - concerted efforts to re-make parts of the garden that have become overgrown. But I have also had a most enjoyable short visit to the Western Highlands and become excited about the landscapes and plants that grow there - especially the way some places are being 'ecologically restored'. I hope to come back and join you here again on the AGS website before too long. Reading 'Mountain Flowers' by John Raven and Max Walters at the moment, and realising how much I don't know!

Contribution from Tim Ingram 19 August 2016, 22:02top / bottom of page

(Very good discussion along these lines just happening on the Scottish Rock Garden Club Forum).

This discussion Thread: 15 August 2016 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Northumberland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion