Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Northumberland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Northumberland Diary.

Northumberland Diary Discussion: 13 April 2014

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/Northumberland/

Northumberland Diary. Entry 268.

Go to latest contribution by David Nicholson, 20 April 2014, 11:27. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Good 19 April 2014, 19:38top / bottom of page
Catching up fast!

It has been warm lately even here in N. Wales and spring is moving from a canter into a gallop. I'm afraid the dandelions are well into clock phase, although there are still plenty more flowers to come, so into the hills you may have to go, indeed! It is interesting, though, that my Rh. pseudochrysanthum (which looks just like yours) is still in tight bud, there's nowt so queer as plants (and people!).

Contribution from David Nicholson 20 April 2014, 11:27top / bottom of page

Intersting point you make about the early Spring in the English banana belt. Here in South West Devon I picked off my first dandelion head of the year in early March. I've just been looking at pictures from the SRGC Perth Show held yesterday and was fascinated by the pots of Lewisia cotyledons in full flower and mine are just getting going.

This discussion Thread: 13 April 2014 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Northumberland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion