Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for North Wales Diary Discussion

North Wales Diary Discussion: February 2018: entry no. 69

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/NorthWales/

Go to latest contribution by John Good, 14 March 2018, 20:42. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Richards 02 March 2018, 17:33top / bottom of page
Yellow snowdrops

I am very impressed by how well 'Howick Yellow' is doing with you. I am sure I didn't give you very much! It is distinctive amongst the 'Sandersii' by being small and with very pale foliage. I am impressed by how well 'Blonde Inge' grows for you. It has been very miffy here.

Contribution from John Good 14 March 2018, 20:42top / bottom of page

Well, you win some and you loose some....I am ashamed to admit that the bulb of G. 'Elizabeth Harrison' that you so kindly gave to me finally departed this life this winter after a 3 year struggle - a good job I had not bought it given the incredible prices that some have been prepared to pay! Did I give you my G. 'Bod Hyfryd', the large-flowered, late flowering (at its best now) giant snowdrop (see my current entry for photo) that turned up unannounced here a few years back. If you would like it I will have a few spares in a month or so and will post it to you.

This discussion Thread: February 2018: entry no. 69 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic North Wales Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion