Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for North Wales Diary Discussion

North Wales Diary Discussion: April diary

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: John Richards

Go to latest contribution by John Good, 10 May 2017, 20:54. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Richards 10 May 2017, 15:32top / bottom of page

As always your garden looked stunning for your local group visit John, and so many interesting plants. I am green with envy about your diapensia. I grew this for years on a peat block, but it never flowered and eventually pegged out. I think I am right in saying that this strain of Pulsatilla ambigua that you obtained from Peter Erskine originated with Alan Furness who has won a Farrer medal with it. I also grow  what you have as P. georgica, and it looks exactly the same. Kit Grey-Wilson refuses to accept that it is in cultivation, but it has to be that I think. I was taken with Paeonia ruprechtiana, a new name for me. And I am oh so envious about your P. ostii; we seem to be too cold for it.

Contribution from John Good 10 May 2017, 20:54top / bottom of page

Thanks for your very kind words, John. I had Paeonia ruprechtiana from John Noakes and should get some seed so if you would like some just say. P. ostii provides one of my fondest continuing memories of Frank Tindall who, with his never failing generosity, gave me several good peonies, but P. ostii is undoubtedly the best.

This discussion Thread: April diary - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic North Wales Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion