Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Midland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Midland Diary.

Midland Diary Discussion: 04 May 2009

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Diane Clement

Midland Diary No 12 - The beginning of May

Go to latest contribution by Martin Rogerson, 07 May 2009, 18:21. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Diane Clement 04 May 2009, 22:58top / bottom of page

Please add any comments or contributions relating to Midland Diary no 12 here

Contribution from john lee 05 May 2009, 19:06top / bottom of page

Thanks Diane for showing us around your garden,Interesting view on never casting a clout till May is out,As a child we always had to wear a vest untill the end of may,this has continued until this day,Was mother wrong after all.?Going back to the garden i thought we may get an update this month on all those seeds sown back in December.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 05 May 2009, 21:10top / bottom of page

Thnaks Diane, informative as always.

Tony, showing you how the seeds are getting on might involve a trip to the greenhouse. You wouldn't be trying to spy on the oppostion during the show season would you:-)))

Contribution from Diane Clement 06 May 2009, 13:59top / bottom of page

>>>Quote from Tony Lee: I thought we may get an update this month on all those seeds sown back in December.<<<

Funny you should say that, Tony, it's in the pipeline. I've had some very funny germination patterns this year.

>>>Quote from Martin Rogerson: Tony, showing you how the seeds are getting on might involve a trip to the greenhouse. You wouldn't be trying to spy on the oppostion during the show season would you :-)))<<<

Actually, there aren't many seedlings are in the greenhouse ;-) also, the show season is quietening down, with nine consecutive Saturday shows now attended so far.

Anyway, Martin, what did you think of the lewisia in the garden - it's been pretty impressive this year.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 07 May 2009, 18:21top / bottom of page

"Anyway, Martin, what did you think of the lewisia in the garden - it's been pretty impressive this year"

Dead impressed. I've occasionally kept one alive for a couple of years on a South facing steep fronted rockery and got a few flowers but that's all. Even Carousel Hybrids sulk badly and just about survive!

This discussion Thread: 04 May 2009 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Midland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion