Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Midland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Midland Diary.

Midland Diary Discussion: 7 March 2011

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Diane Clement

Midland Diary no 39 - Hepaticas

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 18 March 2011, 13:40. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Diane Clement 17 March 2011, 19:48top / bottom of page

Somehow, somewhere this diary entry got lost in the ether. It features my "Educational Class" from the Loughborough show which a few people asked me to publish here. Sorry for the (unexplained!) delay.

Midland Diary No 39

Contribution from David Nicholson 17 March 2011, 19:59top / bottom of page

Many thanks for adding this Diane, very useful indeed.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 18 March 2011, 13:40top / bottom of page

Dear Diane,

I really like the idea of providing an educational display with Hepaticas! Most of all I loved the collection of flowers that you put at the end of the piece. I have done similar things with Hellebores and leaves of Cyclamen hederifolium, and also with collections of spring woodland flowers of all sorts. It shows the wonderful variety of flowers we can grow and the way they can be put together in the garden. You have inspired me to try and do something similar at the entrance to the Kent Show this Saturday when we hope that stronger publicity will draw in more people. And I think there may be a few Hepaticas on display!

This discussion Thread: 7 March 2011 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Midland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion