Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Midland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Midland Diary.

Midland Diary Discussion: 29 March 2010

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Diane Clement

Midland Diary No 25 - Seeds!

Go to latest contribution by Colin Dolding, 08 April 2010, 23:17. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Diane Clement 31 March 2010, 22:14top / bottom of page

March is not going out like a lamb, but seeds are germinating well at the moment, possibly due to the hard winter we had.

My latest Diary entry is here

Midland Diary No 25

Please make any comments in the discussion thread below

Contribution from Shelagh Smethurst 06 April 2010, 09:00top / bottom of page

Good to see the seedling pots Diane as presentations to groups rarely show these. Also the harsh conditions this winter seem to have had a miraculous effect on pots that have sat there for 18 months doing nothing. It was either the winter or Brian's dire threats "I'll give them till the end of March then they are out!!!"

Contribution from Anne Marise GIBSON 08 April 2010, 13:13top / bottom of page
seeds by size

Hi Diane and any other forum members.

Has anyone any experience of buying seeds from the above firm, as well as an impressive catalogue of veg. seeds he also lists a lot of bulb seeds including what i would consider choice species.

Liked the entry Diane I still have a few 5 year old pots of seeds still waiting in hope! Anne

Contribution from Colin Dolding 08 April 2010, 23:17top / bottom of page

Great entry Diane, many thanks.

Agree totally on Arisaemas, the germinate so well when sown late April/early May.

All my colchicums germinated well in Feb 09 after the cold weather, some pots being 4 or 5 years with no signs of life. Most of these pots have even more germinating again this spring.

This discussion Thread: 29 March 2010 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Midland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion