Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Midland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Midland Diary.

Midland Diary Discussion: 29 January 2011

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Diane Clement

Midland Diary No 37 - A cold garden

Go to latest contribution by Colin Dolding, 01 February 2011, 02:05. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Diane Clement 30 January 2011, 22:58top / bottom of page

Our garden is behind many others in the country in terms of flower power. I'm waiting (impatiently!) for the plants in the garden to start moving.

Click here for my latest diary entry:

Midland Diary No 37 - A cold garden

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 31 January 2011, 18:17top / bottom of page

Message from an even colder garden! You've got more flowers than I have. First snowdrops now showing white buds and 1 Cyclamen coum just showing colour but no more. Never mind, we'll be enjoying plants in flower after everyone else is moaning the season's over!

Contribution from David Nicholson 31 January 2011, 20:13top / bottom of page

Always a good read Diane.

Meanwhile down here in the supposed "banana belt" things are moving now but a heavy frost in the garden today as was yesterday. The greenhouse is ablaze with colour from Narcissus romieuxii and cantabricus forms and hybrids, Crocus and Cyclamen coum. In the garden I have just one coum in flower.

Contribution from Colin Dolding 01 February 2011, 02:05top / bottom of page

Thanks for another interesting entry Diane, we were at -9.5 c last night which was a bit of a surprise!

A few snowdrops out in pots and the Gentiana acaulis coelestina is still flowering from December 5th! An odd cyclamen coum out. Some good clumps of Hellebore buds showing colour at last. Waiting with anticipation to see what survives the really cold spell pre Christmas.

This discussion Thread: 29 January 2011 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Midland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion