Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Midland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Midland Diary.

Midland Diary Discussion: 01 February 2009

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Lesley Cox

Midland Diary, no 5 - About Cyclamen germination primarily

Go to latest contribution by Diane Clement, 12 January 2010, 20:38. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Lesley Cox 02 February 2009, 20:01top / bottom of page

All these notes and particularly the photos Diane, are invaluable. Knowing what's going on underground is half the battle I think. In this Log we're beginning to see a real rival to that northern man affectionately known to many as "The BD."

Contribution from Diane Clement 02 February 2009, 23:28top / bottom of page

Thanks for your comments Lesley. It's really not my intention to try to rival Ian Young ('The BD' and orginal blogger). I have learnt a lot from Ian over the years and it will be a long time before I have a fraction of his experience and knowledge. But I will try to complement his log by giving a different viewpoint from a different part of the UK. We all see things in different ways and it's good to share ideas and thoughts.

Contribution from Anne Marise GIBSON 05 February 2009, 10:31top / bottom of page

Thanks Diane and keep up the good work, i enjoy all the available diaries and bulb logs and they are all so helpful for beginners like myself. It brightens a dreary dark evening to look at other peoples gardens. Looking forward to your visit to Chesterfield in April.

Contribution from Diane Clement 06 February 2009, 10:41top / bottom of page

Thanks for your comments Anne Marise. I also regard myself as a beginner as there is such a huge amount to learn - but that's the fun of growing. I also look forward to meeting you at Chesterfield to share more ideas

Contribution from Tony Twigger 11 January 2010, 10:35top / bottom of page

Diane, I have only just discovered this log and think it is a wonderful source of information- particularly the germination descriptions. Well done and a happy New Year! I intend to concentrate more on improving my my cyclamen germination now that I have read your stuff.

Tony Twigger

Contribution from Diane Clement 12 January 2010, 20:38top / bottom of page

Thanks Tony for your comments, and good luck with the germination. I hope to do some more entries about sowing different types of seed later this year.

This discussion Thread: 01 February 2009 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Midland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion