Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Midland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Midland Diary.

Midland Diary Discussion: 28 August 2010

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Diane Clement

Midland Diary No 32 - Underground strategies

Go to latest contribution by Colin Dolding, 01 September 2010, 00:01. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Diane Clement 30 August 2010, 10:21top / bottom of page

My new diary entry can be read by clicking here: 

Midland Diary No 32 - Underground strategies

Please add any comments in the discussion thread here

Contribution from Elizabeth Maddock 30 August 2010, 23:02top / bottom of page
Bulbs and Cyclamen

Hi Diane, it's the time of year for repotting,so I'm glad to see you are attending to your bulbs, I have not got round to mine yet, it's next on the list after the Primulas, seed collecting and processing.

Your Cyclamen are looking great, it's seems to be a very good year for C hederifolium, at least, as mine are flowering furiously, too, at the moment. Signs of life from C intaminatum, mirabile, africanum and even a few C coum leaves and shoots on C pseudibericum. One of the nicer things about Autumn.

Contribution from Colin Dolding 01 September 2010, 00:01top / bottom of page

Thank you for another interesting and informative entry. Do not know how many of mine will get potted on this year! Finally managed to get the orchid meadow cut and should be ready for baling tomorrow. Lovely sunny days at last although cold at night. (We had a slight ground frost last night down to 3.5C and it was still August!)

Cyclamen hed seem to be better than ever this year.

Keep up the seed collecting everyone!

This discussion Thread: 28 August 2010 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Midland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion