Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Midland Diary Discussion

Go and read the Midland Diary.

Midland Diary Discussion: 20 April 2009

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Diane Clement

Discussion thread: 20 April 2009 - Midland Diary No 11 A Portrait of a Show

Go to latest contribution by Diane Clement, 06 May 2009, 13:51. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Diane Clement 24 April 2009, 00:28top / bottom of page

Please add any comments or contributions relating to Midland Diary no 11 here

Contribution from Colin Dolding 24 April 2009, 01:47top / bottom of page

Another interesting blog Diane, great to show everyone just how much work goes into setting up a show on the day let alone all the preparation beforehand. The Midland Show was brilliant this year with a large entry of very high quality and plenty of plants/books/seeds for sale. Well done all involved and a big THANK YOU.

Contribution from Margaret Young 24 April 2009, 10:30top / bottom of page

Diane, my congratulations on this thorough guide to the workings of a show......with so many members overseas who have no chance to experience the real thing, this must provide a truly fascinating insight to this most exciting of events where the hard work of helpers and growers alike come together to such stunning effect.

Contribution from john harrison 24 April 2009, 16:42top / bottom of page

Super diary topic Diane and well done up to your usual high standard. But you forgot to mention that my car has to unloaded with all the equipment for the show when I get home and had to be packed away for next year.

Sonia Morris one of our catering ladies (judges lunches) entered her first show and had 2 winners 2 seconds and 1 third not bad for her attempt.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 24 April 2009, 19:21top / bottom of page

Thanks Diane, a good insight to 'show life'. One of these days I will get round to putting together my 'a weekend in the life of a shower' pictures and putting them on here. Meanwhile we never did discuss my fee for allowing pictures of me and my car to be used. Worth at least a cup of coffee I would think!

Contribution from Diane Clement 06 May 2009, 13:51top / bottom of page

>>>Quote from Martin Rogerson 24 April 2009, 19:21

? Meanwhile we never did discuss my fee for allowing pictures of me and my car to be used. Worth at least a cup of coffee I would think! <<<

OK, a small price to pay! But don't tell the others whose cars were used or it will bankrupt me ...

This discussion Thread: 20 April 2009 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Midland Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion