Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Kent Diary Discussion

Kent Diary Discussion: 19th February 2016

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: John Richards

Troughs

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 19 March 2016, 08:18. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Richards 17 March 2016, 16:21top / bottom of page
Troughs

Terrific contribution about troughs Tim. I was especailly taken by Kevin Begley's wonderful plantings in circular troughs in Ireland. I am inspired, also by the echeverias etc. I am growing a few Crassulaceae from the Canary Islands and wonder if they might survive in a polystyrene trough which is easily brought indoors on cold winter nights?

Contribution from Tim Ingram 19 March 2016, 08:18top / bottom of page

Thanks John. Keep getting distracted by all the other parts of the garden that need attention but we must get on with the troughs we have sitting waiting in the front garden - Kevin's examples are a wonderful inspiration. We have a friend with a large pile of Kentish ragstone (some quite thin which would make good crevices) which we hope to raid this spring and give the push to plant them up.

This discussion Thread: 19th February 2016 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Kent Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion