Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Kent Diary Discussion

Kent Diary Discussion: Woodland Flowers. 15th April.

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: John Richards

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 22 April 2014, 17:22. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from John Richards 22 April 2014, 15:21top / bottom of page

I love the natural feel of your garden, Tim. You have a lot more space to cope with than I do, and your garden seems to sit seamlessly into the local woodland. Very beautiful. I am glad that you grow (if only accidentally) my Anthriscus sylvestris 'Ravens Wing', but you have followed most authors in turning its name into some kind of ornithological exercise perch. It is a wing, not a swing! I am only mentioning this in the faint hope that fewer people will make the same mistake, especially if you sell it.

Continuing in the same grumpy mode, and I hope that folk will point out the manifold slips in my own journal (sometimes they do), it is the male fern, not a happy man, so Dryopteris filix-mas, not felix-mas!

Contribution from Tim Ingram 22 April 2014, 17:22top / bottom of page

Thank you John - I will correct that (and my Plantfinder has it wrong too): should have realised!

This discussion Thread: Woodland Flowers. 15th April. - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Kent Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion