Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Kent Diary Discussion

Kent Diary Discussion: Sedum 'Red Raver'

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Dorothy Sample

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 02 June 2016, 14:19. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Dorothy Sample 02 June 2016, 13:02top / bottom of page

Thanks for your coverage of the AGS Wimborne show Tim.  Just one correction - I seem to have had a 'senior moment' when writing the label for Sedum 'Red Raver'.  It's correct name is Sedum yosemitense 'Red Raver'.  I'm not sure if it needs the 'cultivar' name as it does not appear to be much different from the species.  My plant has been standing outside in its pot all winter and despite all the rain is looking the best it has been.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 02 June 2016, 14:19top / bottom of page

Thanks Dorothy (what's in a name and all that... curious how horticulture always has to add 'cultivar' names when the plant is quite adequate at showing itself off! But maybe this is a specially good selected form). Certainly very nice, I could see it on the cover of the Journal sometime with a good article spanning alpine sedums!

This discussion Thread: Sedum 'Red Raver' - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Kent Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion