Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Kent Diary Discussion

Kent Diary Discussion: Intermission - July 2016

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Margaret Young

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 14 July 2016, 21:11. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Margaret Young 14 July 2016, 17:57top / bottom of page

A word of thanks for your diary contributions, Tim, which have been much enjoyed. I will be among those  hoping patiently for a return at some point.

Thank you!

Contribution from Tim Ingram 14 July 2016, 21:11top / bottom of page

I think they will come back at some point Maggi. My disappointment has always been that more people haven't contributed to the AGS website because I see this as the great virtue of the web and of any society - just sharing experiences. An example is Paul Powis' garden, that Rosemary made, and which I have been involved with over the past few years with the result that Paul has gained new insights into alpines and other plants. There can be a great tendency amongst 'experts' to feel like a novice, but the result is also that an expert (whatever/whoever that is) can end up feeling very lonely. A few more voices on the website make all the difference, especially when they head in a concerted direction that leads new gardeners to join in. Probably the AGS website will not change greatly unless the society also begins to more, hence my enjoyment discovering gardeners on the SRGC Forum and on Facebook, but this is also a consequence of the very rapidly evolving Internet and social media and simply the ways we use these. For now I am basking in the results of my daughter's graduation - and the hard work she put into gaining her degree, and the prospect of a week in Scotland climbing Ben Nevis, visiting Inverewe, and immersing myself in a landscape far away from the busy south-east!

This discussion Thread: Intermission - July 2016 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Kent Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion