Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Kent Diary Discussion

Kent Diary Discussion: 30 May 2014

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: /diaries/Kent/

May in the garden

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 07 June 2014, 18:19. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 07 June 2014, 07:03top / bottom of page

Thanks Tim, truly inspirational. I'm reading on the 7th June on what looks like a day where the only outdoor gardening likely to take place is 'automatic' watering by a particularly 'heavy handed' gardener!

Contribution from Tim Ingram 07 June 2014, 18:19top / bottom of page

Thank you Martin - that's kind of you to say so. I visited Wisley today and was rather overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle (and the extent) of the place despite the wonder of the plants, so I often wonder if my diary may come across similarly at times, because I have grown and studied plants for so long. I think the AGS and SRGC are much more concerned with our own private gardens and growing which is why they are so important as gardening societies, and it would be nice to feel that more people would join in. I agree very much with John and his comments of the value of information shared here and of course that makes you try and share experiences as faithfully as possible.

This discussion Thread: 30 May 2014 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Kent Diary Discussion
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion