Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Gentianella

Gentianella: Gentianella hirculus

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: AGS Encyclopaedia

Go to latest contribution by Martin Rogerson, 26 January 2014, 16:44. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from laurence kane 24 January 2014, 16:52top / bottom of page
endangered

I have just been reading a 1991 copy of Alpine garden society and i came across an artical about Gentianella hirculus a very beautifull plant so i went on line and i have found out that it is an endangered  plant. Do any of our members have this plant and if so could they direct me to a source were i can buy some if possible.

Laurence

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 26 January 2014, 16:44top / bottom of page

I wish I knew! Having, like you, searched the bulletins it appears that Robert Rolfe did bring back some seed from his Ecuador visit and it was grown successfully, receiving a Preliminary Commendation in 1994 grown by Margaret & Henry Taylor. That and a slightly later reference suggests it was 'easy' to propagate from cuttings but I can't say I've ever seen it for sale so maybe not so easy after all!

This discussion Thread: Gentianella hirculus - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
AGS Encyclopaedia entry: Gentianella hirculus
Discussion Topic Gentianella
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion